We booked our fall trip to Disneyland a few months ago, and I’m loving every minute of researching and planning. This will be our first trip to Disneyland. That means everything will be new to us!
Many people ask, “Why would you go to Disneyland when Walt Disney World is so close?” A valid question. I have lots of answers.
1. Disneyland Park was the first park. It’s the original. Without the success of Disneyland, Walt Disney World would not exist. I must pay my respects.
2. Disneyland Park is NOT the same as the Magic Kingdom Park. Yes, they are similar, but there are tons of differences. They’re certainly different enough to warrant a visit.
3. Disneyland Resort has two parks, and their entrances face each other. How cool is that? I’ll be able to WALK from one park to the other. This is completely foreign to me since I’ve grown up going to Walt Disney World. In WDW, you have to allow yourself 45~90 minutes travel time between parks. Also, DLR’s Downtown Disney District is within walking distance of the parks.
4. World of Color. Oh my goodness. This ultimate nighttime spectacular is shown at Disney California Adventure. I can’t wait to see it in person.
5. There are quite a few attractions that are unique to DLR. Some of my must-do’s: Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Alice and Wonderland, Pinocchio’s Daring Journey, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (which doesn’t exist anymore at WDW), Monster’s Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Grizzly River Run, The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure (which is on it’s way to WDW), and, if it opens in time, California Screamin’.
6. In addition to the new (to me) attractions, I can’t wait to experience the ones that have a twin in WDW. I use the term “twin” loosely, because I hear the attractions are very different on each coast. It’ll be like riding them for the first time!
7. DLR takes advantage of holiday makeovers for attractions. We planned our trip close to Halloween for that very reason. A couple of attractions that have these overlays are Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
8. New food. We all know that food is an important part of any Disney trip, and from what I’ve been told, the in-park food at DLR is quite tasty. I’ll be sampling as much as I can without getting ill.
That’s plenty of reasons to go, yes?! Am I forgetting anything?